View Single Post
Old
01-15-2013, 09:20 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
If the Flyers tank this year, which is a very real possibility with Bryz in net and injuries, and get the 2nd overall pick outright, I probably would lean on taking Drouin, Barkov or Lindholm, maybe even Monahan. The reason being is that great forwards almost always go in the top 10 to 15 picks, unless it is a crazy deep draft like 2003, while great defensemen can be had anywhere. Chara 3rd round, Keith 2nd rd, Weber 2nd rd. then you have Letang 3rd rd, Yandle 4th rd, Enstrom 8th rd, Elder 3rd rd. Girardi, Boyle, and Giodano undrafted free agents. To get a player of Couturier's talent, you have to stink. To get a franchise defensemen, you just have to be lucky.
I dont think its possible for a team with as much talent as the flyers to tank... That's kind of unrealistic. Possible, but highly unlikely. Now, making the playoffs in a shortened season is a crap shoot, alot of teams everyone expects to make it might not, but I'm not holding my breath for the 2nd overall pick.

But if by some crazy chance we ended up with it, Seth jones is the only player that I REALLY want. I like McKinnon and Drouin, but we need a kid that can be a franchise defenseman and I think we'd have to take jones.

orange is better is online now   Reply With Quote