View Single Post
Old
01-15-2013, 09:08 AM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher77 View Post
Zibanejad, Puemple, Bishop + maybe a draft pick (not first)
Don't think that would be too interesting. Zibanejad is a great piece. But Puempel is a bit of a project. Not that Bishop doesn't have value, but his subjective value to us isn't nearly as high as to a team that has more of a need than us. I'd have to believe we'd be looking for something that looks different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Edler and Jensen
Doesn't make sense, really. Value is not a problem, but there's teams in position to trade away UFAs at the deadline, and there's teams in position to add UFAs. If the Ducks feel they'll be in position to trade one away, they won't acquire one (unless it's a cap necessity to facilitate the deal they like best).

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
In my mind, Anaheim has little leverage here considering he's a pending UFA and will likely (in my opinion) opt to test the market rather than re sign with the ducks, especially if they have another sub par season.

They might get a good prospect and a 1st for him at most.
Your rationalisation on leverage doesn't really translate into reality, though. It's a fair argument for virtually every rental that has ever been dealt. Still, there has always been significantly higher prices paid for such premier rentals. The leverage that comes from a big market (plenty teams interested) has always been meaningful enough to create higher prices than that. No need to expect that to change if it came to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballershotcaller12 View Post
Something around krejci seems fair
Probably, but it would be a very atypical deal for a UFA to be.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote