View Single Post
Old
01-15-2013, 09:10 AM
Skidooboy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inflict View Post
His offensive game hasn't changed too much IMO (that's not a bad thing. It has always been at an elite level). His decision making has improved slightly as he does not hold on to the puck as often and usually makes the right play.

His defensive game is a lot better, but he still hesitates to back check sometimes which may have had something to do with his conditioning. His positioning on both sides of the ice have improved greatly.
I noticed Welly was beconming a stronger player last year vs his time elsewhere. He was much more aggressive in the corners and down low. he was able to generate play off the boards and controll the puck against strong checking better than any other time in his carreer.

He also fit in well with several players not just Kane. Noel even called him a "fix it" player slotting him in wherever a guy needed help generating offense.

The first or second highlight on his bio page is a great wexample of Welly fighting on the boards and creating something while under pressure. watch his highlight real and you'll see a great set of eyes and hands at work. plus the great intangible....Hockey sense. He seems to be able to psee where the puck will be not just where it is. Sure he's never gonna be a Rocket Richard trophy candidate, but playoffs and reg season alike he's good for a point every game or two and thats pretty good from a journeyman tweener who fits anywhere from 2nd line winger to 4th line centre. Also his faceoffs and D play are better than when he was aq leaf i think

I hated him before. used to call him cheesburger and mock leafs fans about him. when we got him i was angry. He turned me around fast last year.

Skidooboy is offline   Reply With Quote