View Single Post
Old
01-15-2013, 09:27 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
To each their own, but I think Bickel gets an unwarranted reputation around here. There was a 8 or 10 game stretch in there where he was logging big minutes and didn't seem out of place at all. In fact, I think he may have sniffed 20 minutes on a couple nights. He had a rough patch to end the season and lost Tortorella's trust heading into the playoffs. It happens. It was Sather's fault for not thinking ahead and shoring up the defense before the trade deadline.

You said it yourself. Fistric has 5x the NHL experience and is only averaging 4 minutes a night more than an NHL rookie in Bickel. I wouldn't ice Fistric over Eminger, and I'd think twice about giving him time ahead of Bickel. That's just my 2 cents.
Yeah, I don't think he is a bad hockey player at all really.

He is obviously a kid that wasn't that redefined as a 16-23 y/o, but by being in a pro-environment has sorted out alot of flaws and become a player who atleast gets by.

A kid like that who comes from behind in his development with a hockey stick type of curve is always interesting to follow. I don't see why he could keep becoming a better player and that would make him a solid 6. And I don't see why he couldn't become a good 3rd pairing D. The attitude is there. He is built the right way. He isn't the worst stiff I've seen. And so forth.