View Single Post
Old
01-15-2013, 09:32 AM
Jax Teller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Apologize in advance I won't have chance to go through all these posts til later, wanted to throw out the following prop now:

If the Rangers can get enough cap space, would love to see Yandle here. Stepan fits 2C to a 't'. May need to see if third team would consider taking Redden as short term cap dump to add more cushion for this and follow up trades.

How about something like:

Redden + Rangers 2015 3rd to Toronto
for
Christian Thomas (son of former Leaf great Steve Thomas) + Leafs 5th in 2013

short analysis
Leafs have enough $$ and seem to have enough space, which Rangers need; seems a win win if the compensation is fair for 1 full season next year and a shortened season 2013
---------

Stepan + Yogan + Calle Anderson + one other prospect we can agree on + Rangers 2nd in 2014
for
Yandle + coyotes 5th in 2013

short analysis
I believe JT Miller works now for NY, espec. if he hooks up w/speedier linemates Hagelin, Kreider, Callahan. Still extremely thin at C, but believe this can be done. Adding Yandle creates huge options + depth to the roster. Could help NY not run out of gas end of playoffs. However, first and foremost, we need to change from Torts system as to too many blocked shots to really stop this problem, and that means more offense to keep more puck possession in the offensive zone.

For Phoenix, Maloney gets Stepan who's goal scoring may not be clear, but his puck distribution, etc., is extremely high.
Yogan is tall, strong, 4th rounder if I remember, has track record of scoring, would probably bend over backwards for chance to advance now.
Anderson is a bit away, but is a quality D to replenish 'yotes' D depth.
extra prospect, pick upgrade no explanation nec.
Can someone explain that proposal to me? The Leafs trade for Redden and 3rd by giving up Christian Thomas and a 5th? Thomas is a Ranger prospect I don't understand how the Leafs are giving him up in the deal.

Even if the Leafs did have Thomas. The proposal as Redden and a 2015 3rd for B-prospect + 2013 5th. In what world do the Leafs want Redden? and in what world would they actually give up value for him? Weird.