View Single Post
Old
01-15-2013, 10:39 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
Read+2nd for Rundblad.

Works and fits a need for both. I honestly wouldn't be surprised.
I've been following Rundblad this year in the AHL and without seing a ton of video he definitely seem to be doing alright. He is 4th on his team in scoring and 5th among D's in the AHL. Further, its important to remember that OEL and Brandon Gormely also plays for the same team, meaning that someone like Rundblad atleast isn't a given to always see the ice in all offensive situations. I know that he early on atleast had to sit back for those two a bit.

David Rundblad is very interesting. I wouldn't be prepared to take poision on that he will become a star in the NHL. Mobility/gap controll and positioning is an issue for him. He might be one of those players who is caught up in struggles instead of managing to play to his strengths. But no matter what his offensive ability and play on the PP is just really good. It feels like you see many D's nowadays who are very talented offensively, but who isn't a perfect fit on the PP or really thrives there (the zones are bigger, its tougher to be a threat with just a decent shot thanks to that and all the people that get in the way), but Rundblad is at his best for sure on the PP.

I remember when Markus Näslund was dumped by Pittsburgh to Vancouver, and how Keenan in Vancouver never gave Näslund a shot and sent him through waivers a couple of times. Then someone was hurt and Näslund got a chance playing with Morrisson and Bertuzzi and all of a sudden he took off and lead the league in scoring over like a 5 year period from that time. I wouldn't be shocked if Rundblad had that type of break through at the big stage. But just like Näslund was month's from returning to Sweden, where he would have stayed and gone down as a bust nobody would remember, things needs to go these kids way too, they need to take a chance when they get it, they can't be hurt too much, and so forth.