View Single Post
Old
01-15-2013, 09:59 AM
redbull
springtime hockey!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanders1932 View Post
We lost PA Parenteau and his 67 points. Who is replacing that? You would need two secondary scorers to step up in a huge way to replace those numbers on top of their own. I just don't see where we are replacing those 67 points and on top of that even with those 67 points we werent close to playoffs so we would need even more on top of that. I just wish Wang would actually spend some money on this team. We can keep developing from within, but we will NEVER make that next step without signing established veterans. I really hope a move to Brooklyn helps speed things up.
We don't need to replace 67 points. Whomever plays with Tavares will get those points. Even Byron Ritchie and Joel Vermin were on fire. Parenteau's "missing points" is something we've made up. Truth is, Okposo was scoring at the same rate (actually better than Parenteau) while he was on JT's line last year (from mid Dec to Feb as I recall)

I'm not worried about Parenteau because we know our top line will be great. The other THREE lines though, that's what will make/break this season. Which Grabner shows up? Can Boyes play on another line?

Most importantly, the defense. Yikes.

And then, goaltending. Nabokov must be spectacular and that's a big ask when you line-up those dmen in front of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
Look at the defense. They start with one rookie. Martinek gets injured...2 Rookies. Carkner sits a couple... 3 Rookies.

Welcome Seth Jones.
YUP. Any way you slice it, this is a bad team with as many (or more) question marks as the last five lottery finishes.

Let's HOPE for better but EXPECT the same.

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote