View Single Post
Old
01-15-2013, 10:13 AM
Islanders1932

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
We don't need to replace 67 points. Whomever plays with Tavares will get those points. Even Byron Ritchie and Joel Vermin were on fire. Parenteau's "missing points" is something we've made up. Truth is, Okposo was scoring at the same rate (actually better than Parenteau) while he was on JT's line last year (from mid Dec to Feb as I recall)

I'm not worried about Parenteau because we know our top line will be great. The other THREE lines though, that's what will make/break this season. Which Grabner shows up? Can Boyes play on another line?
Problem is that if Okposo puts up the same or better points as PAP, we lose his scoring on the other lines. That means we are relying on secondary scoring which is the problem with not replacing PAP. We are going to be relying on every other player to step up and then on top of that it looks like Ullstrom, Cizikas, and so many more young guys are being brought in here who just aren't as much of a threat to score.

I am very worried about our offense and defense. Funny thing is that goaltending is the least of my concerns. Without Visnovsky this defense is too thin. I hope I am wrong, but I cannot see this team even coming close to competing for a playoff spot. However, this team has surprised me before and we are already past November where we usually have a huge losing streak so maybe they can pull it off?

Islanders1932 is offline   Reply With Quote