View Single Post
01-15-2013, 10:16 AM
the random dude
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
You rather trade a potential superstar for just a decent return instead of signing him?? That's just ********. I don't even understand this love some Habs fans have for cap space. PK is a proven star, and he isn't even in his prime yet. His ceiling is top 10, possibly even 5, Dman in the league. Right now, he's already top 30, after only 2 years (where many believe his sophomore one wasn't that great). It really baffles me how some fans have no problem in discussing trading him just because he wants 1-2M more, as if that would affect any of them.

What's the point of getting OEL? A year from now, so long as he has a good year and keeps up his progression, he'll likely be asking for a similar deal than PK now is. Are we gonna talk about trading this young chap too?

Give Subban what he wants, it's one player you won't regret paying. As much as some are saying how others forgot just how good Markov is, from reading these two threads, I feel the same can be said about PK. Just pay the kid what he wants, he's a superstar in the making.

No it doesn't. OEL is signed at 1.7M for another year and may be just on par with PK as of next year. PK isn't even signed and is allegedly asking for 6ish Million per year. Phx is a team that likes to save every penny imaginable. It makes absolutely no sense for them to make this trade. You also don't make trades for marketing purposes.
This is one of the more confused rants I've read in a while and as long as you think OEL is a decent return there isn't much for the two of to talk about.