Thread: Speculation: 2013 Caps training camp thread
View Single Post
Old
01-15-2013, 10:24 AM
RandyHolt
Ahhhh Smiddy

vCash: 50
So my answer zero is probably correct. It's a play I look for.

Ask any caps fan to draw up a play. The first and easiest place to start is as the forwards enter the zone.

The most simple of plays would be, Ovi carries the puck in and shoots. In a nutshell, that has been our offense, for many years. And its worked. But it doesn't use Nick to his strengths if at all.

The more advanced mind would also design a play that involves our 2 top offensive players, and passing. And I obviously think that's going to be a lot easier to do now.

Katie chimes in:

Quote:
Ovechkin, 27, brought up the idea to Coach Adam Oates in an offseason meeting, and the first-year bench boss encouraged the star forward to consider his willingness to make the move.

“We talked about it and then he asked me to think, do I want to do it or no?” Ovechkin recalled. “I said yeah, let’s try it. I think it will give new looks for me, new looks for different teams to try [to] cover us.”
I wonder who planted the seed in Ovi's head, if anyone. Ovi you will kick ass no matter where you play.

And... he scored already.

Sky Kerstein ‏@SkyKerstein
#Caps Ovi with a sweet move, faked the slapper and then wristed high stick side to beat Holtby, 2-0 Caps

Mike Vogel ‏@VogsCaps
Ovi scores on a bomb of a one-timer. It's 2-0, #Caps

Mike Vogel ‏@VogsCaps
Ovi cut loose a one-timer off a feed from Backstrom. He looks fine. FIrst period over, #Caps up 1-0.

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote