View Single Post
Old
01-15-2013, 10:50 AM
bullslugg
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalockrox View Post
All three players can skate, play two way hockey, take face offs, above average hockey sense, etc. but they're on paths to be different players / play different roles should they make the NHL.

Kuraly is a good defensive player and PKer, he has a 'power' game and if he can develop his offensive game he could be a good two way NHL center, but there's no guarantee that's going to happen.

Hamilton's biggest value comes from his defensive game. He could turn into a very good shut down center & PKer with some scoring pop but he still need to 'bulk up' a little bit - a good 3rd line center (if he was a year or two further along in his development he is exactly what the Sharks need right now). He is also capable of playing all three forward positions and I fully expect him to be regular NHLer.

Tierney is also a fantastic defensive player but he has some good, untapped offensive upside. I would imagine once the Sharks get their hands on him he'll be moved to wing but he's being used as a shutdown center by the Knights and is excelling at it while still putting up a good amount of points. During the rest of this season and next, his offensive game is going to start to show and I think he has a pretty good shot at the NHL.

As far as chances of making the NHL, I'd rank them Hamilton, Tierney, Kuraly.
As far as pure upside (right now) I'd rank them Tierney, Kuraly, Hamilton.

I am not a scout...my opinions on these three just come from watching them play as often as I can - Tierney this season and a few games last season, Hamilton & Kuraly for the past 2 years.
thanks for info. I've only seen Hamilton & Kuraly at the WJC on TV Neither seemed as if they didn't belong or out of place at that venue