View Single Post
Old
01-15-2013, 10:59 AM
Foppa2118

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post

I didn't hate Foppa or Foote when they left for more money. I was sad to see them go but they thought it was the best move for themselves.

The only way I'd start hating a player, is if he lets his game deteriorate or he starts becoming lazy. If Duchene or Hejduk asks for a trade tomorrow, I would be shocked/sad but I'd still cheer for them where ever they went.

O'Rielly has done none of that, he simply has been negotiating his next contract for his job. I can't a player for that, I can be fustrate with him but I can't hate him.
I've never been upset with any player that left the Avs either, but come one now, let's be fair. Foote and Forsberg's situation are in another universe from O'Reilly's situation. They were UFA's, among the best in the league at their position, in the case of Forsberg a Hart trophy winning future HOFer, that were vastly lowballed due in part to the new CBA putting the Avs in cap trouble. None of that applies here.

It's also very different from Hejduk or Duchene playing on the team, but not well, and asking for a trade.

I think it comes down to me seeing different levels, and lines to be crossed, where as you more or less put it all in a similar category.