View Single Post
Old
01-15-2013, 12:12 PM
Woodhouse

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Thanks for posting these. I thought Leino had two really slick passes in there. The first was that tape-to-tape, cross-ice backhand pass to a streaking Ott. Miller made the save, else that would've been a beauty. I think his pass to Grigs was nice, too, but unfortunately it got caught up in Grigs' feet or it would've been a tap-in. Obviously, Leino's shootout attempt left a bit to be desired, but those were two beauty passes. I hope he gets an extended chance with Grigs and Ott. I think Ott's crash-the-net style will benefit Leino, and it'll help to have a linemate in Grigs who thinks the game at a similar level. I think that'll be really effective cycling line.
People are going to bash Leino just to bash his contract. I thought he looked quite good in the clips I saw.

The mishandled PS should only suggest that he'll not be on Ruff's early list of shooters going into the season... nothing more.

Quote:
Interesting to hear people say Stafford didn't look that good. I thought Enroth made two pretty nice saves on him during the scrimmage. Of course, I didn't see the whole scrimmage, but it looked like he had bursts.
I gotta admit I was too focused on Grigorenko in the clips to notice much of anything else and will have to watch again later, but there were certainly chances for more goals; off the top of my head, Pominville, Ott and Myers all had chances/half-chances.

Woodhouse is offline   Reply With Quote