Thread: Value of: Phil Kessel
View Single Post
Old
01-15-2013, 11:17 AM
Stu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy6 View Post
A more compelling argument that Kessel isn't a player that will lead the Leafs to the Cup? I don't need to say anything more. Just look at his history and watch the Leafs play this year.

Eventually you all will realize that Kessel is not suited to be the player that the Leafs build their team around.

I'll say it one more time: when a one dimensional player that hasn't thrown a single hit, been in one fight, is a severe defensive liability, got dumped by the team that drafted him, and is named Phil Kessel, is your best player you are not going to win the Stanley Cup.

I'm done with this thread, you guys can have the final word.
Implying:

Kessel will be our best player when (and if) we start competing
That Kessel is the player we build around
that having pure snipers detracts from the team
that kessel is THAT one-dimensional, even when his defensive play improved massively last season and has been for a while
that players "dumped" by the team that drafted them can't be the best player on stanley cup winning teams
that he has bad history, even with him being prolific every year scoring with a top line that needs improvement

Loosen your helmet and take off the hate-tinted spectacles. Yes, our fanbase has craved success - what fanbase doesn't? But this perpetuated argument that it is the fans that are so impatient it is almost forcing the hand of management to make rash trades is, for me, the true showing of someone who has ZERO idea of what they are talking about and has been reading Dave Naylor et al "journalism" regarding the Leafs and believing whatever negative press they can satiate their hate-feeding-frenzy with. We have been patient for many years and many of us would be ECSTATIC to:

1) Keep Kessel
2) Develop young players and obtain players through the draft
3) See our young guys developed into good NHL players

You also need to remember that there is more than one way to skin a cat and that the revered "Pittsburgh" model has not been followed by every cup winner.

Stu is offline   Reply With Quote