View Single Post
Old
01-15-2013, 11:34 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
With all the 2nd round picks coming in the next draft, I wonder if they'll have to let some of these guys go at some point. Would this situation force them to look more at players going the NCAA route in this upcoming draft?
Good point. This is a possibility. And there will be some good candidates for the 2nd round in the US as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
By the time we have to sign our 2013 picks...June 2015(not the same for all players though)...a lot of the kids in Hamilton/junior will be NHLers(Gallagher Tinordi Beaulieu Bournival Galchenyuk LeBalnc) and the guys in those roles right now will probably be gone(Bourque? Kaberle? Bouillon? Armstrong? Gionta?).
But even if those kids in Hamilton are NHLers, it still counts as far as the 50-contract limit. I'd tell you, some tough decisions will need to be made and I predict it won't be as easy in the next 2-3 years than to let Scott Kishel go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Out of that list the bottom guy would be Cichy then Archambault and Walsh/Pribil.

I think a lot of spots will open up next year though with Gomez(buyout) Berger(terminate) DeSantis Schultz Stejksal Blunden Geoffrion Palushaj Desjardins Mayer all coming up for RFA/UFA. They won't all be back.
You know that there's no way that Archambault is let go. No way. They won't let go a local who even if he doesn't appear as improving, though it's not the case, will be let go with stats that he's having.

For me, the 2 easy guys to let go will be Cichy and Walsh. I would personnally let Pribyl go, I just don't see how he'll ever be a contributor even in the AHL. Naatinen had a much better pedigree and though it's not necessarily his fault, he's far from being a big time contributor in the AHL.

Last edited by overlords: 01-15-2013 at 11:55 AM.