View Single Post
Old
01-15-2013, 11:53 AM
Mystic MacK
Foppa2118

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
Yes. His deal in the KHL pretty much proves that.

I'd love to be optimistic about this, but each day that passes it looks worse and worse for him staying long-term. Hopefully this is resolved soon and all parties can start the mending process.
Most likely true, but that wouldn't have prevented him from signing it late in the summer, and then playing in a European league with a regular out clause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymond Flurrie View Post
Duchene signs that kind of deals because on his contract season he was unproven and injury prone along with having special feelings for Avalanche (his favorite team since being a kid). I really don't think O'Reilly should agree to something like that.
IMO, the unproven nature of both, and the early offense from a 3rd overall pick that dipped in the third year, versus a 2nd round defensive player whose offense picked up in the third year, makes their contractual demands almost identical.

Both players have question marks long term in where their game will end up, they just come from different angles. I think from O'rReilly's standpoint, signing a one or two year deal at $3.5M would almost be more acceptable, than a guy like Duchene. I think Duchene had a better case to ask for $4-$4.5M. That's just the benefit of being the more offensive player, with higher point totals.

Last edited by Mystic MacK: 01-15-2013 at 12:03 PM.