Thread: Proposal: San Jose/Toronto
View Single Post
Old
01-15-2013, 11:54 AM
Halpysback*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnarkAttack View Post
Yes. Until Lupul proves he's not Marek Svatos or one of many other one hit wonders Pavelski's consistent all-around game wins out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Um. Yes. Yes it would.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokencow View Post
Ignoring contract status if I was the Sharks I would not make this trade. Pavelski is a great two way forward with multiple good playoff years. Lupul needs to show some consistency first in both statistics and health.
I was obviously being facetious. Lupul for Pavelski is a horrible trade for the Sharks. Lupul is a far inferior player. Yet because he had a good season better than his average and Pavelski had an underwhelming season worse than his average people you could have them in the same conversation and people wouldn't automatically be taken aback. It's the same mentality that leads to people to dump falling Apple stock to buy rising Nokia stock. Very persistent in our species.

The point was that looking at Braun and Schenn through the prism of last season and determining their respective value is about as accurate as doing the same to Pavelski and Lupul and gauging Lupul as comparable.

Halpysback* is offline   Reply With Quote