View Single Post
Old
01-15-2013, 12:05 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebda Snipes View Post
Thats brutal. Filppula is solid player dont get me wrong. But with the production (and age) we got last year from Gards (and this year in the AHL) and the blue chip status of rielly put thier value above Filppula. I agree Liles is a bit of a low ball.

I would think;

Gunnarson + 2nd (conditional if he re-signs with TO)

for

Filppula.
That is something I could possible get behind with a little tweaking, I've only seen Gunnarson play once so I'm not sure how good he really is (the way most leaf fans talk about him it would seem he's the Robin to Phanuef's Batman of the leafs).

As for the original trade; the wings have ZERO need for another puck moving dman. Right now we only have 1 Defensive dman on the team, everyone else is either a PMD or an offensive dman. I don't even think I'd trade Filppula for Liles if we did need a PMD as Liles isn't very effective in his own zone.

As of right now Filppula fills a role for the wings that nobody else on the team can, he can either be a top 6 winger or if injuries roll around play in a 3C role. Value wise imo it's Filppula >> Liles and a 3rd doesn't make up the difference.

DatsyukToZetterberg is offline   Reply With Quote