View Single Post
Old
01-15-2013, 12:06 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
people have a bad tendency to overreact, and they fail to wrap their head around how players are slotted. you see it all the time - 2nd line guy goes down, team recalls 3rd line guy to replace 3rd line guy on the big club who has been re-slotted into injured 2nd line guy's role... a large cow ensues because minor league 'highly touted' prospect who's leading the team in scoring wasn't called up instead.

when a guy like Mitchell goes down, they are most likely going to recall guys within that layer... and like you said, someone like Campbell would get the nod WELL ahead of Hickey - whether he's "ahead" of him on the depth chart or not.
People overreact on message boards all the time. This board is no different. Honestly before Campbell got hurt he was Manchester's best defenseman. That was my reasoning for saying what I said. I dont think Hickey is a bust. I just think hes developing slower then many people would of liked. People more important then anyone on this board in the Kings organization.
Has Hickey improved in the last couple of years? definitely. Main reason for that is hes finally stayed healthy. If he stays healthy there is no reason he cant turn into a good bottom pairing defenseman in the NHL.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote