View Single Post
Old
01-15-2013, 12:09 PM
mapleleaf979

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewerjones View Post
I told you guys to remember the name- Mitch Marner. Sleeper pick.

Mapleleaf979 is doing flips right now. LOL

Marner to me isnt a sleeper pick, everyone knows him, his skill is easy to see, his lack of size is also easy to see. If Marner was 5-11 he would be in the Top 10 potentially.

Chewer in your mock u put Marner @ #15.....do u stand by that still? Do u remember DAvid Miller? 5th round because OHL teams thought his size was an issue.

Im not saying Marner will be that late of a pick, Marner is nowhere near as tough as David Miller, thats what teams didnt know about David Miller, he is a warrior. Fabbri was another shorter player taken high in the draft..why didnt it matter for FAbbri? He proved to be fearless and will battle anyone, any size anywhere on the ice. Fabbri was getting run all season long and never a complaint from him. Block shots with his helmet, it didnt matter. This is why people fell in love with him and thought the OHL physical game wont faze him. Marner doesnt engage players or throw his body around like Fabbri did. Nowhere to hide in the OHL, the difference in PHysical play is massive compared to minor midget AAA. U see kids drafted in the Top 10 last year, who are too intimidated to play there skill game.

I dont mean to burst your bubble but first round IS NOT happening for Marner right now, late second or third yes.

Last edited by mapleleaf979: 01-15-2013 at 12:18 PM.