View Single Post
Old
01-15-2013, 01:22 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I was thinking of that earlier. If Bergevin caves in as a new GM, what does that say for future players on the team. Just hold out and eventually you get what you want. I'm with you, PK it's this or stay home for now!
Sure, if future players are as good as PK, has as much potential as PK, and delivered as much as PK, then yea, they can hold out if Bergevin wants to give him a short deal that isn't close to what they want.
People are talking as if PK is just some random casual player. The guy is a potential superstar. If Gally has a great rookie season, and follows it with good years again where his responsibilities just increase to the point where our offense is relying on him, but Bergevin wants to give his a 2year deal under what he's worth, then yea, he will hold out.
Staying home is just stupid, and horrible management. You have a star Dman, your #1 for the past year and a half, with the potential of reaching superstar, and you want to keep him at home...Awesome idea. I'm sure PK will just accept that too, not request a trade, and just come back next season agreeing to a small cheap deal. That makes sense