View Single Post
Old
01-15-2013, 01:28 PM
pld459666

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
You'd be counting on Malkin wanting to "step out on his own" which is highly unlikely. The guy really likes Pittsburgh and the guys he's playing with. Not like he's going to get more money elsewhere either. He seems to be perfectly content riding shotgun to Crosby and taking over the reins when he gets injured.
I could see the argument opposing that position.

I think the question that comes across everyones mind when you are that good is "Can I do this on my own"

Malkin can make a strong case for being better than Sidney right now.

However, he will NEVER be THE guy in Pittsburgh as long as Sidney is there or as long as Malkin is there.

I'm not saying that he is destined to leave, but it wouldn't shock me one bit if he did want to venture out to another team and look to cement his legacy in this sport as one of the best in the game today and a leading man as opposed to a support player.

As good as Malkin is, as long as he and Sidney play on the same team, Malkin will always be a support guy much in the way Jagr was to Lemieux.

It's the competitive nature in all of us that want to be the best. There's nothing wrong with it as long as it's not done in a selfish way.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote