View Single Post
Old
06-18-2006, 05:19 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
and I don't know what team would pay that much for a guy who may very well ahve had a career year while being added stats-wise by Jagr. Heck, the guy's played one season in the last three and wasn't a stellar defenseman previously - now, after one season playing with a guy who put the entire team on his back, he's a bargain at $2-2.5MM per and is deserving of a multi-year contract.He had a huge plus but wasn't putting up the points. I do believe that Rozsival was on the ice for the most goals against at even strength also, which is pretty interesting (I did the analysis through December 31, so I may be a little off on the calculation, but he's up there). His penalties were plentiful and untimely and lazy to say the least. I wonder what Poti deserves for his +17 last season. $1.75MM - $2.0MM?

I personally am afraid that next season will be different and we may find out Rozsvial is more like a third pair defenseman (and there's nothing wrong with that, unless he's on a top pair). And it would add to a defense that becomes somewhat expensive and that is pretty mediocre.
Two more solid points and we don't know how many years Sather and Co are cooking up. Probably at least three.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote