View Single Post
01-15-2013, 12:50 PM
Cult of Personality
vCash: 696
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Originally Posted by Kid Canuck View Post
Larry Brooks @NYP_Brooksie
NYR, NHL, NHLPA believed discussing scenario under which NYR could exercise compliant buyout on Redden now while retaining AHL cap hit.
Retweeted by Elliotte Friedman

Nick Kypreos@RealKyper#NHL #NHLPA in serious talks exploring a resolution in #Canadiens Gomez #Rangers Redden situation. Both remain at home uninvited to camp

I am aware of that and don't think there is a cap in the AHL where they would receive the cap hit instead. It is Larry Brooks though, he isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

What would make sense to me is they make an agreement with 30 NHL teams that they have the choice to either proceed as laid out in the new cba or they can specify who they will buy out in the summer and regardless if the player gets injured this season they will still be bought out and it will be legal. If they choose to address the issue.

I think these 2 guys should just stay home and suck it up. They are being paid very well and if 2 players have to suffer for the betterment of the league then so be it. Not like they are not being taken care of very well.
Yeah I'm not too sure what Brooksy is talking about. Although, based on the new CBA I think Redden's cap hit in the AHL would be $5.8M or something like that, but I'm not sure what an extra $700k is in terms of buying out a high ticket player like Wade Redden.

I would be shocked if the NHL-NHLPA allowed both teams to use their compliance buy-outs early. What's stopping Ed Snider from complaining and asking to use one of his buy-outs on Bryzgalov? What about NYI and DiPietro? There are plenty of examples of teams that probably wouldn't mind using that buy-out early, but will end up having to wait until the summer because that's what was agreed upon.

y2kcanucks is online now   Reply With Quote