View Single Post
Old
01-15-2013, 01:06 PM
mapleleaf979

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvtowatch View Post
Fabbri hurt much bigger boys when he hit them. Much thicker than Marner, outweighed him by 30 pounds or more. Marner is a really good player but no Fabbri. Miller should have gone where Marner will go as I also said earlier, 2nd rd not past 3rd. GM's went to sleep on him.
Yes he was and 2-3 inches taller than Marner. Fabbri went out of his way to prove how tough he was, shot blocking, battling anyone like a dog on a bone. Fabbri plays more of a team game too, he shares and moves the puck alot more than Marner. I personally think Marner holds onto the puck too long, thats one of the few things I dont like. Shot velocity isnt there yet either, that will come as he fills out. He has proven to play well in the OJHL this year, he deserves alot of credit there. Like I said before he is a smart hockey player who can find open ice, the fastest direction change in the 97 group and he can stick handle inside a phonebooth. Its a size and strength issue right now. Marner right now has the most leeway to move up or down in this draft, his size during the OHL cup will have a massive impact on his draft ranking.