vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
Percy LeSueur
Henrik Lundqvist
Roberto Luongo
John Vanbiesbrouck

(Alpha order)

I'm pretty much locked in to that top-4 at this point. All of them are from eras that we have underrepresented, and it's just too much of a stretch for me to rank them behind second- or third-tier goalies from other generations. As for the rest...

Gerry Cheevers - I'd like to see someone make a comprehensive argument for him soon.
Alec Connell - as mentioned a couple of posts ago, I'm probably going to warm up to Connell next round. It's good to see the research being done on his career.
Mike Liut - Much as I'd like to give some due to 80s goalies, I can't shake the feeling that Liut just really wasn't that great.
Al Rollins - I suspect he'll be in my top-4 next round.
Tim Thomas - He might not make my top 40. Top 50 is a possibility though. Simply running out of better options.

Rogie Vachon - I feel like he should go soon. Either this round or next.

The rest are pretty much off my radar at this point.
What's the case for Al Rollins over Tim Thomas? Right now, I just see Rollins as basically Thomas without the Conn Smythe, which of course means that Thomas goes first. And I'm really not that high on Thomas, not yet.

As for Cheevers... well he did get into the HHOF a couple of years before Giacomin, though maybe that says more about Giacomin than Cheevers Seriously though, for anyone using the HHOF as a criteria, think of this: The HHOF inducts 4 players per year no matter what the talent pool is. So when the talent pool basically doubled when Europeans entered the NHL, it became that much more difficult for players to make the Hall. Sure, Tretiak is in the Hall without ever having played in North America, but he's the exception to the rule.

Agree with your top 4. I really do think Connell and Vachon should go next round, not this round, but they should go in the top 40.

Last edited by TheDevilMadeMe: 01-15-2013 at 01:23 PM.
TheDevilMadeMe is offline   Reply With Quote