Thread: Value of: Phil Kessel
View Single Post
Old
01-15-2013, 01:40 PM
Stu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy6 View Post
I know that I said that I was done with this thread but I saw this post and I couldn't help myself.

First of all Kessel is not as good as Brett Hull was.

Secondly, you are proving my point by this post. Hull only won the Stanley Cup when he played for a Red Wings team that also had Yzerman, Fedorov, Shanahan, Hasek, Robitaille, Lidstrom, etc. I have no doubt that Kessel could be a contributing member to a Stanley Cup winning team as a piece of that team, but if he is your number one option you are not going to win.
You again. Please explain "number one option". For what exactly? If there is one thing that makes me laugh about this board it is the amount of pointless hyperbole arguments. We don't NEED to trade Kessel to improve our team. I never liked the Kessel trade and if you go back to when it was made, a very common sentiment was that it was a good player we got back, but a high price - yes this is coming from the 'stupid' fans that have no patience when it comes to a rebuild, even though we have been crying out for one for years. But please don't let logic, truth and reasoning get in the way of your rhetoric, or the door hit you on the way out.

Stu is offline   Reply With Quote