View Single Post
Old
01-15-2013, 02:03 PM
DeuceMN
Really?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Asking Leipold about his comments then signing the top two UFA's is amateur journalism. It sounds great if you don't understand the business of hockey (what a hypocrite!) but those contracts were the reality of the old CBA.

Parise and Suter were getting front loaded contracts one way or another. Good on Leipold and Fletcher for nabbing them both at a bit of a discount.

If you want to ask something interesting, ask Fletcher about the changes they made as an organization to improve scouting. They missed on first round picks from 2004-2009 and then from 2010-2011 they draft one of the strongest prospect cores in recent memory (Granlund, Brodin, Zucker, Larsson, Bulmer, Lucia, Phillips, etc).
I would love to hear the answer to this question as well.

The answer may seem obvious, but I would also like to know Fletcher's take on what holes need to be filled before this team is a true contender.

Fletcher has a plan, and it would be fascinating to learn more of how he views the whole process of developing a team. In my opinion, he has shown himself to be quite competent.

DeuceMN is online now   Reply With Quote