Thread: Value of: Marcus Foligno
View Single Post
Old
01-15-2013, 03:15 PM
DJN21

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon View Post
Foligno is what Buffalo most needs. He's the reason they traded Kassian for Hodgson to address their other need of young centermen (which they further addressed drafting Grigorenko and Girgensons). To top it off he was born in Buffalo, his father is a Buffalo legend, and he was 5 hits away from the team lead despite playing in 13 games (more of a sad commentary on the team than anything, but it shows the need for him). I don't see any reasonable trade another team could make for him.

I don't want to give anyone the idea that I have misplaced confidence in how good he will be. Obviously his stats from last season will not be reproduced (I think he shot like 25%). I have no belief he will be a top line power forward, though it wouldn't shock me. But what he is without a doubt is everything this team needs in terms of size, character, effort, and nastiness. He absolutely has good enough ability to score at this level though that isn't the heart of his game.
Foligno was behind: Stafford, Ehrhoff,Gerbe,leopold,Myers,gaustad,Sekera,Kaleta, Tropp,McNabb,Regher,weber,Mccormick in hits last year, not sure what you meant by 2nd on the team through 13 games? Not to take away from Marcus cuz 44 hits in 14 games is nothing to scoff at.

DJN21 is online now   Reply With Quote