View Single Post
Old
01-15-2013, 03:37 PM
Devil X

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Devil X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Gomez is definitely a better option for faceoffs than anyone on this team behind Zajac, and Yayo. Our crap faceoff depth finally caught up to us in the playoffs, and was one of the reasons our PK fell apart. That was even with Zajac on the team too.

I'm a lot more confident with Gomez than Tedenby. It has to be a one year deal though for cheap. I wouldn't be opposed to a 2 year deal if REALLY cheap though. If he impresses this season it could be a high reward by not having to worry about him going to UFA. I just hope him being with us won't cost Butler a spot. Really high on him at the moment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tycobb View Post
I am going to be upset if we can't sign him for a like a 1 year 1-2 million deal. The guy can get 50 points no problem playing along with Elias. And it is a low risk move. Worse case he sucks and Henrique fills in when healthy. If he is the 50+ point C we can plug Henrique on the wing until next season when Gomez bolts for the money again (haha).
HAHA you guys are funny. Its a low risk move anyway. Sign him to a 3 year deal DOESNT MATTER we can just use a buyout on him. Those things people dont think the Devils will use anyway.

Listen i am not saying Lou would do that but its a factor. Sign him for 2 years maybe little more then you might be ok with say 2 mill and if it dont work he can be gone after 48 games. Its not like the cap will be an issue for us this season.