: Confirmed with Link:
Thank you Scott GoHomez! (UPD: Signs w/San Jose 1 yr/$700k)
View Single Post
01-15-2013, 02:51 PM
Join Date: Jan 2008
Originally Posted by
So to recap.
1. Team can buyout players this year, if cap hit over 3 million.
2. Teams retain FULL cap hit for this year only.
They do not get
the 900k in savings they would have by keeping Gomez in the AHL and at home.
3. Players needs to clear waivers to be bought out. After which he is a UFA
4. Teams are relinquished of the cap hit after this season.
5. Player no longer counts against the 50 contract limit.
Once you waive a player and take him off your roster doesn't the cap hit drop by 900k at that point? ...so you can send him AHL/ECHL etc.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Monctonscout