View Single Post
Old
01-15-2013, 04:04 PM
kingsfan
Yes my liege!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
I assume teams are allowed to carry 23 players on the roster like usual. If that is the case, there is no room for him. There is room for one player to take Mitchell's spot on defense while he is on IR. Hickey is not going to fill that role.

You could say that but when Quincey was waived, I'm pretty cetain it was to keep Chelios (a veteran) on the roster. With Hickey, there are 3 players younger or as young as him that are ahead of him no the depth chart. There is just not room for him. By the way, don't you think Detroit tried to trade Quincey before he was waived? I'm sure the same thing happened with Hickey. Most teams that were remotely interested probably realized that DL would have to waive him and probably decided to role the dice with the waiver wire rather than give something up for him. That should tell you everything you need to know.
I'm not debating that. I'm saying two things:

A) DL should have decided to fish or cut bait with Hickey a long time ago. The NHl game is alot about maximizing assets and this didn't happen here because DL stuck to Hickey to long, then had to waive him for some reason.

B) Barring a trade, it makes little sense to me that the likes of Bodnarchuk and Drewiske get to remain on this roster at the expense of Hickey. Keep Hickey for a few more weeks and when someone else needs a D-man due to injury or something, ship him out for a pick at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice View Post
What's the point of keeping Drewiske on this roster? At least with Muzzin there's plenty of untapped potential. I get that Drewiske is the designated 7th d-man but keeping that placeholder cost us an actual prospect and depth at the AHL level.
Good question.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote