View Single Post
Old
01-15-2013, 04:20 PM
LetangInTheSO

vCash: 500
On a team-wide basis, I think we hover around average on the nastiness front. Our forward unit is a little soff, but not a huge cause for worry, IMO.

On the top unit, Crosby is difficult to intimidate, Kunitz has a decent mean streak, and Dupes is well, Dupes. No nastiness on that unit but I'm not hugely concerned about them being pushed around.

The second line is fine. Malkin is a tough customer, as is Neal (not that they throw down but they're both massive bodies) and whoever ends up playing with them should do fine.

The third line lacks grit. From what I understand, Sutter is an ideal 3rd line pivot (as a point of order, I would say that Staal was an ideal 2nd line pivot who we had on our 3rd line), but not "tough." Kennedy has no grit factor and Cooke is no longer a "cheap shot" threat to other teams now that he's cut that ***** out.

The fourth line will be gritty by virtue of Tanner Glass alone. I loved Glass in Vancouver. He's a bit of a liability in that sometimes he doesn't exercise enough discretion in terms of when to fly off the handle, but on the whole it's worth the tradeoff with him. I suspect that he'll become a fan favorite in short order.

LetangInTheSO is offline   Reply With Quote