Old
01-15-2013, 03:35 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Pronman View Post
I really like Palmieri. I thought he would challenge for the Calder last year. Kind of struck out on that one
What are you gonna do? It was just one of those seasons in Anaheim. Palmieri did well with the opportunity he was given, but he never had a fair shot at earning a full roster spot. He should better live up to your expectations this season though. I think it's his spot to lose, and he's looking really sharp at training camp. He looks hungry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Pronman View Post
I explained Erixon in an earlier post in this thread. Rielly's potential is right there with the if not the best of dmen eligible for this list. Baertschi is very talented, but I don't see his upside at that level. With Teravainen it was a discussion of degrees, I see Teuvo's talent level a notch higher than Sven's in terms of his possession ability but I think highly of Baetschi in that area too. Lindholm is a special dman. He does nearly everything either well or at a high end level. All the qualities he has added up, I believe have more value than the qualities Sven brings to the table. .
I can't, and won't speak of the other players, since I haven't seen much of them... but I definitely agree with your assessment on Rielly and Lindholm. Rielly has absolutely game-breaking potential, and while I think he's a bit high risk/high reward, that reward could really be something. Lindholm has kind of blown away some of us in Anaheim. There's a very OEL-ish quality to his game. That smooth, intelligent game, where all the talent seems to be used in all the right ways. I'm not convinced he can ever be as good as OEL, because he(that is Larsson) just seemed to get better and better at a startling rate, but I see a special quality in him. With Lindholm, I think he's one of those "as good as he wants to be" players, and as his confidence improves, he'll continue to assert himself more and more. I'm a little nervous though, because he already had two minor concussions, and those are pretty scary. As you can tell, I'm pretty excited about that pick though. He's been very impressive. I think he's pretty quickly turned into Anaheim's best prospect.

Last edited by Sojourn: 01-15-2013 at 03:46 PM.
Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote