View Single Post
01-15-2013, 04:41 PM
Nothing Else Maattas
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
We do not have the grit we had a few years ago. But we are hardly soft either. And with the crackdown of late that has made players like Cooke change the way that they play I am not sure if you could have the kind of grit we had a few years ago, and obviously that some here are pining for, without the cost becoming prohibitive.

We have enough grit that no one is going to push us around. Hell there is a long 'retribution' thread regarding us on the Flyers board, which says something. I am not sure if we need anymore than we have. Times have changed, and that more than anything may make you think that we lost a small bit of grit.
The Kings have more grit than we had when we won the Cup. The Bruins had more grit than us, too. It's not changing (who ends up with the Silverware). If you have the most grit and more discipline than most, you can win.

The good news is we don't HAVE to have as much grit as LA to win it all. But we will need better D and much better goaltending, and that's the rub. I'm not convinced we'll improve our D and G until one of Bylsma or Fleury is gone.

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote