View Single Post
Old
01-15-2013, 04:45 PM
giddy up*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CShuckWangGoAway View Post
Wang buyout his adopted son and BFF?

Ok,let me rephrase: from a hockey perspective, why wouldn't the isles buy out Dipietro?

you can't buy out a player who is injured. DP is miraculously not hurt right now. He will likely get hurt this year at some point and if its bad Isles can't buy him out. I know we need him for the cap floor this year but if we buy him out today he will still be on the cap for this year. I know Isles never spend to the cap but we might want to some time in the next 10 years so buy him out now and be done with it. Isles have a young team with a bright future and don't need the albatross contract prohibiting them from making moves in 2016.
There's huge risk even if it was a player who is 100% healthy. A freak accident. Anything. And we pay him for 10 more years and against the cap that could cost us a top free agent in the future. This is a one time get out of jail free card. To make his contract disappear forever. Teams with money wouldn't think twice about it but Wang will never pay rick for the next 18 years for him not to play.

Lets look at it from a hockey perspective only, and tell me if there is any reason not to do this.

Or am I missing something?

Last edited by giddy up*: 01-15-2013 at 05:16 PM.