Thread: 94-95 Season.
View Single Post
01-15-2013, 04:05 PM
Big Phil
vCash: 500
The "trap" was the big story in 1995, but not until the postseason. In the regular season much of the talk was about Lindros' coming out party. He really put a show on that year and I remember distinctly saying to myself that he was the best player in the NHL and was going to be the best bar none once Mario retired. Mario took the year off but it was common knowledge that when he returned he would - and did - become the best player in the world again. Gretzky was aging so it was only a matter of time before this was Lindros' league - or so we thought.

I know Hasek had just won his 2nd Vezina but I'll be honest I wasn't sure what to make of him at that point. It was a shortened season so you had to take that into effect. I don't know, Hasek had a couple of first round exits and he didn't really look great in 1995 against the Flyers so I guess I had my reservations on him. 1996-'97 was a time when I knew he was on his way to being an all-time great though.

Montreal not making the playoffs, yeah that was a huge storyline I thought. This just never happened to Montreal. There was a lot more pride in that organization back then.

Big Phil is offline   Reply With Quote