Old
01-15-2013, 04:34 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan View Post
I'd have to disagree on the "gaming the cap". Bottom line - the NHLPA is guaranteed a certain % of HRR, and the Isles are paying RDP his $4.5M per year.

You're point is that the Isles aren't icing a $44M cap team, because they're wasting 10% of that on RDP and not getting their "money's worth" for it. While I agree that is true - the cap wasn't really about enforcing parity via having "market value" contracts. Because if it was - the Flyers would be "gaming the cap" because they're getting a top 10 player in the league in Giroux for $3.75M, or about half of what he is actually worth. It definetely sucks for Isles fans, but hopefully with the move to Brooklyn the budget will be positively impacted and they'll be able to make good hockey moves instead of cap floor related moves.

I have less issue with the Isles having RDP on the cap for $4.5M, than last year them having Nino on the roster with a $3.8M cap hit for impossible bonuses.
I have an issue with both, but it's a convo for another day.

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote