View Single Post
Old
01-15-2013, 04:57 PM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
Well that's "nice". Not that we really had a lot to feel sorry for these guys about with their million$, but I'm glad Gomez will get a chance to play and catch on somewhere without the attached stigma of being forced to sit out the season.

I don't really know how much he'll help a team... it'll be a gamble, but really, one well worth taking for any team with the roster opening. He hasn't lost a step, he's still great at carrying the puck through the neutral zone. I feel like he works reasonably hard and goes to the corners adequately, for a player of his type - not for a player of a more robust type of course, but he mostly tries. He is a very well-regarded teammate by all reports. As everybody notes, he's the guy that went up to Chara after the Pacioretty hit, of all people. His main problem seems to be that nothing whatsoever - and really, NOTHING - has been clicking for him for a while.

As a speedy playmaker who has a terrible shot and isn't really all that visionary with his plays, he probably needs certain types of players to play with. I don't know what made the EGG line click, but whatever it was, he seems to have never found anything close with the Habs. (And not typically played - at least not lately - with Gionta either).

I think he can also still play on the PP. When he has the time to set up and make plays, he does better than trying to do something off his speed rushes.

If you can sign him for $525k or whatever, no harm. Lots of teams have cap room relative to $70.2M.

Nice outcome for Gomez.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote