View Single Post
Old
01-15-2013, 05:09 PM
rune74

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ugghhh View Post
I've been a proponent of going with Schneider, or at least leaving that as a major possibility since before Luongo signed the 12-year deal. I thought it made more sense, if Schneider could show he was capable at the NHL level, to move Luongo and go with Schneider.

However, things have changed a lot since then.

I wouldn't mind going with Luongo here, especially with Lack (and Cannatta) in the wings.

Schneider is a great goalie, and probably has the better mental makeup for a favourite (i.e. rock solid, doesn't get rattled as easily, and the team seems to have more trust in him) but I think Luongo definitely has it in him to take a team to the cup. He has lost something in terms of confidence, as well as mobility it seems, but he is still an elite goalie when he's on his game.

Throw in the difference in what you get back via trade and I don't think it's necessary to go with Schneider here.

If you could get a top-6 winger and a 1st for Schneider I'd probably take that (given that Luongo shows a return to form).

I also think the mentality of the team rallying around Luongo could also help them immensely in playing a tighter game with him in net.
I have been thinking the same thing, who's to say something hasn't been discussed in private between lou and Gillis? Honestly we could easily trade schneider right now and get some great peices. Lou can still play and he wants to win.

rune74 is offline   Reply With Quote