View Single Post
Old
01-15-2013, 05:52 PM
MsMeow

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Very true. Granted I think a lot of that has to do with the fact he pushed so hard to expand into the southern markets, willingly taking struggling Canadian teams like Quebec and Winnipeg with him after just a few years of struggling, only to fight to the last breath to save a place like Phoenix. I think that has a very large role to play in his being so hated up here, and frankly, rightly so.
That's exactly what it is. I couldn't give a rat's ass where he's from but this crap with the sunbelt teams has gotten real old. You look at the promos Florida, Tampa and Phoenix have with free parking, $7 tickets, free food etc. and then you try and get a ticket up here and it's impossible. I have friends who are partial season's ticket holders at Leaf games and they give me tickets to the Flyers' games every year if it's part of their package. 3 rows from the rafters, $74 each. Parking in the immediate area is $25 on game nights. Meanwhile in cities where he's forced teams they're practically paying fans to go to the games. Last year or the year before the Panthers were advertising in eastern American cities papers trying to get fans from places like Philly to buy tickets in Florida. I can imagine how the players on the Panthers felt about that.

Most of my friends are hockey fans to some degree and nobody ever has a good word to say about him. The general feeling up here towards him is hatred.

Finally he's shown some common sense and won't be on the ice for the ceremony, instead leaving the fun to the players, coaches, owners and fans.

MsMeow is offline   Reply With Quote