View Single Post
Old
01-15-2013, 06:22 PM
habtastic

vCash: 500
This situation is really becoming untenable. We finally get the lockout solved (while PK is on Toronto radio/tv the whole time...I'm there, watched it all) and now THIS.

It seemed like PK was sooo interested in getting back to playing hockey during his radio spots when discussing the lockout and all hockey issues. He then pimps his brand out like crazy (I did not have a shortage of seeing him on TV) and now comes back, understandably with a big head. I hate to not like his attitude and I'm not one who gives into the "PK has a bad attitude/cancer" mentality so this whole process is disturbing in that it feels exactly like the inability to get a deal done as displayed by the NHL and PA. I would love to be a fly on the wall. Each knows the other's POV by now. What is it that's going to change? I know that negotiation is about coming to a middle ground, but why is it taking so long? Are they playing a serious game of chicken?

I would hate to think that PK doesn't understand the mentality (and a good one to have going forward) that no one is bigger than the team, that you need to earn your rewards and that it's not all about swag and tv spots and being the darling of the toronto media scene (in the offseason). Unfortunately, this delay gives me cause to worry that this is the case. Obviously I don't know what's really going on. I wish I did.

He better be playing on Saturday. Missing the home opener after a lockout, against the Leafs? That's how you get the fans to turn against you.