Thread: TSN: Power Rankings
View Single Post
Old
01-15-2013, 07:21 PM
Rhett4
KALETA REBORN

vCash: 500
After looking at the rosters in the East more closely, I'm not as convinced as before that TSN is being overly optimistic (just slightly). I still think the Sabres are on the bubble, but Philly, NYR, Pitt, and Boston are the only teams that I think are far, far superior.

Washington is a solid team but shaky at times. They benefit from devouring points in the SE. Florida played well last year under Dineen, but it's still a piecemeal team dependent on chemistry between a hodgepodge of free agents. Carolina's usually on the bubble, WPG is a monster at home but weak on the road, and TB always seems to struggle behind that D.

Then you have the Islanders, who are going to get swallowed up in the Atlantic, and the Devils who took a huge hit with Parise leaving. Ottawa's a wildcard to me, and Montreal still seems shaky. Then there's Toronto with all their problems.

Yeah, so the Sabres being safely in the playoffs isn't a massive stretch. Of course, the Sabres being out of the playoffs isn't much of one either. I think 6 through 13 is going to be a mess again this year.

Rhett4 is offline   Reply With Quote