View Single Post
Old
01-15-2013, 08:48 PM
Brick Top
eeeehhhhhhhhhhh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully61 View Post
Assessing a guy like Abdelkader just isn't fair in a scrimmage. His role is a checking forward and you're not going to go out and hit your teammates hard in a scrimmage (unless you're Quincey).
This was my thought as well when Tootoo was interviewed during the game- a checking, energy guy isn't going to stand out in a scrimmage. Regarding Tootoo, I thought it was strange during Babcock's interview when he talked about Tootoo growing as a player in Nashville, then moving to a new team for a fresh start and continued growth (paraphrasing here)... not sure how his Detroit role will be much different than his role with the Preds, as a likely 4th liner providing energy, irritating the opponents, and chipping in offensively on occasion. Can't see him getting an expanded role in role in Detroit with the guys on the roster now, and those coming up in the system.

Scrimmage or not, Brunner looked great. It's probably easier to create offense when you don't have to worry about having your clock cleaned when you cut to the middle, but I liked what I saw out of him. And Smith's shootout goal was great- you don't expect that kind of move out of a defenseman, so I can't wait to see him full time this season in Detroit.

Brick Top is offline   Reply With Quote