View Single Post
Old
01-15-2013, 09:13 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Unless someone like Kessel becomes available, I think the forwards should stay as is. Let our own guys develop and get a chance to be the "upgrades." This is a transition year for me, I'm not in a rush put out the best team possible immediately (if that makes sense). I want to see what we have first.

We have excellent forward depth, IMO. What we lack is top end forward talent. Adding a Booth or Little does nothing. It's a step backward really. All it does is clog up guys trying to move up in the ranks. I'd rather give that playing time to someone with breakout potential.

I do agree that this is a huge year for Wilson. Same with Blum.
I absolutely agree with the bolded. I just see management trying to add a piece at the deadline with the shortened season. Less time paying that addition. I do believe, however, we start with what we got, for better or for worse. If the young guys are able to handle the new responsibilities great, if not we will need if we want to make the playoffs.

I disagree with your 2nd point. Guys like Booth and Little give us a lot more options on the scoring lines and are generally good on both ends of the ice. Granted, Booth is injured now so it doesn't really matter, but adding some offensive bite isn't a bad idea but maybe not this season.

I am very torn about this year. A transition year is absolutely correct. I can't help but eye this year's draft class and not want to tank just a little. There are some true studs in this year's draft.