Top 10 American Prospects for 2014 Draft
View Single Post
01-15-2013, 09:34 PM
William H Bonney
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sierra Nevada
Originally Posted by
William H Bonney, what would be your top 10 American prospect list for the 2014 nhl draft?
At this point, something like this:
1) Blake Clarke (F - Brampton Battalion)
2) Nick Schmaltz (F - Green Bay Gamblers)
3) Sonny Milano (F - NTDP U17)
4) Shane Gersich (F - Holy Catholic)
5) Chris Wilkie (F - NTDP U17)
6) Jack Glover (D - NTDP U17)
7) Joe Wegwerth (F - NTDP U17)
8) Thatcher Demko (G - NTDP U18)
9) Anthony DeAngelo (D - Sarnia Sting)
10) Chase De Leo (F - Portland Winterhawks)
- I really like Demko but it's hard to say where a goalie will go in the draft. He could end up going high as he'll have a chance to play a big role at BC in his draft year and really impress.
- This defense class is very weak. DeAngelo has elite offensive talent but he needs to reel in his recklessness and improve his defense (even by 17 year old standards). If he can, big riser but if not I expect he'll slide.
- I'm not sure what to make of De Leo. He has marginal size and has always played for a really strong Portland team so I think he could get discounted due to that but a big season next year on what should be a weaker Portland team could make him a riser. A real wild card IMO.
- I could see a lot of movement outside of what I consider the top 3. You could put Gersich in the Top 4 as he's highly touted but MN-HS hype always worries me.
- I don't see it yet with Keegan Iverson. He has some untapped skill but he has a long ways to go to live up to the hype he received as an 8th grade d-man at Breck. However, I could see him (at this point) going higher than he should due to his size. Ryan MacInnis is in the same boat for me but would go higher than he should due to his potential size and name.
- Eiserman is having a disappointing season so far this year but he could get back up the list with a strong second half.
- Dylan Larkin could be a riser as well. Not sure what happened with him as he started in the U17's top six and then was on the 4th line. He's still having a good statistical season and has the tools. One to watch.
"I have been complimented many times and they always embarrass me; I always feel that they have not said enough."
- Mark Twain.
Last edited by William H Bonney: 01-15-2013 at
William H Bonney
View Public Profile
William H Bonney's albums
Find More Posts by William H Bonney