View Single Post
01-15-2013, 10:35 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I'm starting to sour over fans that feel trading our #1 Dman of these past two years, and possibly again next year (and future years), is some kind of a good idea just because we don't want to give him a contract he'll likely earn anyways. Meanwhile, we give Prust 2.5M, and some think PK should only make 500K-1M more than this guy. Man, I knew we had some weird fans, but jesus, I never thought it was that bad.
I think most fans are okay with 4 to 4.5m. He hasn't proven that he's worth more than that. He's shown great potential but he suffers from brainfarts more often than you'd want your number 1 D to. He's still fairly inconsistent and again (this shouldn't be understated) has had issues with teammates. A true number 1 defenceman is never a healthy scratch is he?

P.K more or less defaulted to our number 1 defenceman because of Markov's injuries. Does that mean he is a legitimate number 1 D in the league? Not yet... If saying that Markov can have a greater impact on the team is pure speculation then saying that Subban will become a superstar is much the same.