Thread: Value of: Jonathan Bernier
View Single Post
Old
01-15-2013, 10:56 PM
KingCanadain1976

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
I realize that DL doesn't have to trade Bernier, and as it stands he's more valuable than ever to LA due to the shortened schedule and Quicks recent back injury. However, do you really think that a GM covets Bernier that much as to offer a young top six winger AND a first round pick?

It's interesting that you bring up Tampa Bay. McKenzie reported that Yzerman was interested, but other than rumor mongers and hacks who merely suggested a possible return, I saw no credible reports that DL was offered Connolly AND a first. You can't use that as a measuring stick.

LA put a lot of time and resources into developing Thomas Hickey. Look how that turned out.
They may or may not covet him that much but it would be what the offer was. As far as McKenzie goes he stated both on twitter and mentioned on air that the offer was a 1st and a top prospect (later it was generally agree to from both side it was connelly) so yeah i can use that as a measuring stick.

As far as hickey goes it makes it even more important la sticks to there guns and get the frist. This team is giving up alot of young talent and not getting it true value ie purcell molson boyle etc

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote