View Single Post
Old
01-16-2013, 12:21 AM
Casper
30 goal grinder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
You don't get the talent influx this team just had, and only be satisfied with "just making" the playoffs IMO.

With higher talent level SHOULD come higher expectations.
well let me add to that then.

I believe this team will make the playoffs as a 5-7 seed, meaning they will have a though match up in the 1st round. I expect them to be highly competitive in this match up. Im talking 6-7 game series with a few overtimes and other one goal games.

I expect that our offense finally gets off the bottom of the ground and climbs a few rungs in the offensive ladder.

I expect Granlund to prove to everyone here that he was worth the wait. I also expect that the depth of our forward group and call ups will help ensure a playoff spot. This should give us confidence going forward.

I expect that the state of our defense will be much clearer by the end of this season. (ie. how will suter play without weber, how will Scandy progress, will Spurgeron continuing defying the odds, how will Gilbert look over the course of a full...er abbreviated season, can one of falk or stoner finally step up, what will Brodin look like in the NHL, etc.)

Its hard to say with so many variables, other than that we are definitely heading in the right direction.