View Single Post
Old
01-15-2013, 11:22 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dampland View Post
I really think the short season and lack of training camp hurts the WILD a lot. And I really do not expect much from the Wild. I think 7th or 8th place in the West is the best they will finish. Because of that they will face a powerhouse in the first round and be one and done. A record of 48/ 22-18-8 is probably realistic. I think people's expectations of Parise, Granlund, Suter and Heatly are just absurd/crazy. There will be lots of disappointed folks when Parise doesn't get 30 goals and Granlund doesn't put up 40 points. Also, no chance in hell that PMB stays healthy all season ....

Next season ..... now that's a different story. I expect a LOT more from the Wild next season.
Here we go again talking about fear of being disappointed...I refused to set low expectations in the offseason, I refuse to set them low now. I am just flat out analyzing that a roster with this talent level should have both some regular season success and some playoff success.

Thus the mid-seed and a playoff round victory.

I am not going to give excuses myself to "expect" anything less. These are professionals. The shortened season is their own damn fault.